Are you considering dentures to replace your missing teeth? Dentures are oral appliances that act as artificial teeth for those who are missing teeth, whether on the top, on the bottom, or on both arches. Dentures were once loose, bulky pieces that would slide around in the mouth when eating, speaking, or even smiling. Additionally,…
Are There Different Types of Dentures?
Anyone considering getting dentures to replace part or all of their teeth needs to look into all of the options available today. They have come a long way, and there is no reason for anyone not to take advantage of all their choices. Here is a list of different types, and there is always one choice that fits someone a little better than another.
- Traditional replace all of your teeth. These are the most common option.
- Partials are for those who have only a few missing teeth and are made to fit around the teeth and attach to the gums.
- Customs are made from more expensive teeth and are more natural-looking.
- Immediate dentures are available the same day you have your teeth removed. These can be more expensive.
- Implant-supported dentures look natural, and they give excellent support. They are secured into the gums.
- Snap-ins are very stable, and they anchor onto existing teeth.
- Overdentures are removable and sit on top of the gums, and are held in place with implants.
- Uppers are used to replace the upper teeth. Uppers are a very common choice.
- Economy is the most cost-effective, but they don’t fit as securely, and they tend to look fake and need to be held in place with dental adhesive.
Do insurance plans cover them?
When it comes to insurance covering the cost, there is not a definite answer. Unfortunately, just like any other medical insurance procedure, your dentist needs to find out from your insurance company what they will cover.
You can review your dental coverage and call your insurance company and ask them what types they cover if there is a copay and what your total out-of-pocket expense will be.
Most dentists offer payment plans and several financing options to help you with your decision.
How do I decide which options are right for me?
The choices may seem overwhelming, but if you do your research and discuss all of your options with your dentist, you will be able to determine which choice is right for you.
You may want to base your decision on cost or maybe whether or not you want surgery. That’s another great point to make about this amazing solution, you can choose the ones that require no surgery, or you can go with a more invasive procedure. The choice is yours.
Find the option that works for you
Missing some or all of your teeth can sometimes diminish your confidence, and there is no reason to feel this way. Dentures were invented to help reclaim your smile and help your overall lifestyle.
There are a variety of options, as discussed above. Whether you want to help replace a few teeth or all of your teeth, your dentist will be able to help you determine the best choice for you.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentures in Irvine, CA.
Dentures are a very common reality for a wide population of people. We all want to keep our natural teeth for as long as possible, but that is not an option in some cases. A person can need replacement teeth for a variety of reasons. You could have a medical condition that caused your teeth to…
Dentures are a great option to replace missing teeth, but they have flaws. One of the most common complaints from wearers is that these teeth break easily. The question is, why? Several factors can lead to your false teeth breaking, and this article will explain to them so you know how to keep them intact.Dentures…
For many people, dentures are an integral part of their daily lives, and their oral health can be very different when they have them in than when they don’t. That’s why taking care of your false teeth and maintaining excellent oral hygiene with or without them are key to improving your overall health and well-being…